Jae-Gon Kim Professor/Ph.D
School of Electronics, Telecommunication & Computer Engineering
Korea Aerospace University
Jae-Gon Kim received the B.S. degree in electronics engineering from Kyungpook National University, Korea, in 1990, the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Korea, in 1992 and 2005, respectively. From 1992 to 2007, he was with Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), where he was involved in the development of digital technologies. From 2001 to 2002, he was a Staff Associate at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University, New York. He is currently a professor in School of Electronics, Telecommunication and Computer Engineering, Korea aerospace University, Korea. His research interests include scalable video coding, video adaptation, media convergence, and multimedia applications.
- 1986. 3 ~ 1990. 2 Bachelor in Dept. Electronics Engineering, Kyungpook Nat. Univ.
- 1990. 3 ~ 1992. 2 Master in Dept. Electrical Engineering, KAIST
- 1997. 3 ~ 2005. 2 Ph. D in Dept. Electrical Engineering, KAIST
Professional experience & activities
- 1992. 3 ~ 2007. 2 Convergence Media Research Team Leader/Senior Researcher, ETRI
- 2005. 7 ~ 2007. 2 Korea Head of Delegates (HoD) of ISO/IEC SC29 WG11 (MPEG), KATS
- 2005. 7 ~ 2007. 2 Committee Member of ISO/IEC SC29 Korea, KATS
- 2000. 9 ~ 2009. 12 IT International Standardization Expert, TTA
- 2005. 9 ~ 2007. 2 Associate Professor, Mobile Communication & Digital Broadcasting Engineering, University of Science and Technology (UST)
- 2001. 8 ~ 2002. 11 Researcher, Dept. EE, Columbia Univ., NY
- 2007. 3 ~ 2007. 8 Full-Time Lecturer, Dept. EECE, Hanbat National Univ.
- 2007. 9 ~ present Professor, Korea Aerospace University
- 대한전자공학회, 한국통신학회, 한국방송공학회, 한국해양정보통신공학회, IEEE 회원
- 한국방송공학회 이사, 논문지 편집위원
- 대한전자공학회 사업위원회 위원, 정보위원회 위원
- MPEG Forum 회원